Friday, September 8, 2006

Friday, September 8th, 2006

It's completely pointless to have that blog when I'm basically "blogging" on the front page of this site. I'm shuttin' it down. I'm still not entirely happy with what Googlepages can do, but it's turning out to be enough, especially since I'm also posting more than ever over at Deviantart.com.

Lately I'm so excited because the Remodernists group over there has really taken off. It's wonderful to see how the effort it takes to start something up can really pay off. More than ever, I think that art is becoming vastly more democratic. People are forming their own little groups and eventually there will be so many different kinds of galleries for different kinds of art. Everyone will have a place in the artworlds (plural) of the future.

As far as what is important or significant... I think it's utter folly to confidently say in one's own time what will stand out as significant in the future. The high art world is totally collapsing. What remains after that collapse will be a democratic art, where different groups of people with different aims can establish their own goals and priorities. I realize this situation already exists to a degree, but there is still the lingering, dying notion that the art in the high galleries is the important, significant art. This notion will die completely soon.

No comments: